Saturday, March 19, 2011

3rd Try...Will it be the Charm?

This is the 3rd attempt at fertility treatments...except without fertility treatments.

This cycle we did not get to use Clomid because of some craziness that was going on. First, my doctor was not in his office the week I needed to take Clomid. He was at a conference and had a "substitute doctor" who I could have seen except for the fact that the substitute doctor had very limited office hours and I couldn't get there because the office hours did not coincide with my job. Also that week, my job reached a point of awfulness that I had to do a lot of figuring out what I was going to do. The teacher I worked with was absolutely horrible (enough so that the Principal had told me he was surprised it took me as long as it did to come and complain about her because everyone that had worked with her always complained but much sooner than I did). She was too focused on her sport she was coaching that she was losing papers and then blaming me for things the students did wrong. By the end of the week, Richard and I had decided that it would be in our best interest for me to quit my job and pursue subbing at both Osan Air Base and Camp Humphreys.

So no Clomid meant that I most likely would not ovulate this cycle which meant another month of waiting and another month of not getting pregnant because PCOS was winning. Then on top of it all, I had gained a little weight and have been terribly worried and stressed out about that. The possible good news is that since I couldn't take Clomid, I decided to try this natural supplement that many refer to as "Nature's Clomid". Its called Soy Isoflavenes and you take it on the same cycle days as you do Clomid. I also began to take Bee Pollen and Royal Jelly along with this Fertility Blend Natural Supplement. Richard is also taking the Men's Fertility Blend now too.

So the week after my period is over I go to the doctor on Friday, March 11th and he was sad about not getting to take Clomid and has me get an ultrasound. He then wanted me to come back almost a week later on March 18th so I can have another ultrasound done to see if there is a follicle possibly developing. So we went back on the 18th and my follicle was 1.2cm (it needs to be about 2cm for ovulation) but he was hopeful that it is developing just its developing very slowly. So now I go back on Tuesday, March 22nd and will have another ultrasound done. If the follicle has not grown anymore, I hope he will determine that I am not going to ovulate on my own this month and we can move on to something else that can be done or tested.

Also, Richard's referral for his sperm analysis finally got put in and approved so one day when he is not on his 24-hour duty, he is going to go to 121 to get it done.

Thanks for checking in on things and as soon as I find out more I will update!
In His name and for His fame...
Hayley

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying that everything works out for you guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I will post as soon as I go back to the doctor on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete