Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Post You've All Been Waiting For...

So last week I had a crazy thing that happened. We were up at Sokcho Beach in South Korea enjoying a wonderful time and strengthening our marriage. We left on Friday and before then I went to the bathroom and was spotting. I knew that you can have spotting during ovulation and implantation, but I knew it was too early for implantation. Later on in the day when I went to the bathroom, the bleeding had gotten only a little stronger. Before we went to bed the bleeding had gotten pretty heavy. I didn't understand this because when I went to the doctor the previous Friday, he said to have sex because of ovulation. So I assumed this whole week was the ovulation week. Anyways, on Saturday morning, I called the hospital since my doctor is in on Saturday and he believed this was just my period. He would have had me come in but since we were out of town he asked that we come in on Monday. When I went in on Monday, he said that it was my period and the ultrasound from the previous week showed that I had just ovulated...not that I was about to ovulate. The biggest reason I was freaking out was because by my calculations, it wasn't time for my period. The thing my doctor reminded me of was that he had given me Progesterone to induce a cycle for the last cycle, so my dates were now out of whack. So on Monday, he prescribed me Clomid again (which I am still responding greatly on the lowest dose of 50mg). I went back to the doctor yesterday, Saturday, and he said I had follicles in both ovaries that were maturing. The follicles need to be 1.9-2.0 cm in order to release and egg and they had grown to 1.3 cm as of yesterday. I will be going back on Tuesday for another ultrasound and if they are the correct size, he most likely will give me and HCG injection and tell us to get busy.

Thanks for all your concerns and prayers. I'm really thankful to have friends who love and care about me! God is so good. So remember on this wonderful Easter day...HE LIVES!!!

In His name and for His fame...
Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment